- Teach in ways that ensure all learners are making sufficient progress, and monitor the extent and pace of learning, focusing on equity and excellence for all.
- Specifically support the educational aspirations for Māori learners, taking shared responsibility for these learners to achieve educational success as Māori.
- Use an increasing repertoire of teaching strategies, approaches, learning activities, technologies and assessment for learning strategies and modify these in response to the needs of individuals and groups of learners.
- Provide opportunities and support for learners to engage with, practise and apply learning to different contexts and make connections with prior learning.
- Teach in ways that enable learners to learn from one another, to collaborate, to self-regulate and to develop agency over their learning.
- Ensure learners receive ongoing feedback and assessment information and support them to use this information to guide further learning.